Looking to advertise a job opening?
Create an Account
Rope Access Job in Burnley
Date posted: Mar 13, 2019
Salary Min: £30000
Salary Max: £40000
Position: Project Engineer
Type: Full-time - 35 hours
Hours: 08:00-16:30 (Mon-Thurs) & 08:00-12:15 (Fri)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
This leading engineering company are seeking an experienced Project Engineer on a permanent basis to join their Engineering team based in Burnley, Lancashire. You will work alongside the Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible to design, introduce and implement relevant processes to aid production throughout the company. Also will maintain flow of work to supply all relevant departments with required service and to develop new products and implement latest manufacturing/processing techniques.
About the company
The company has origins dating back to 1947 and is dedicated to providing engineering, manufacturing and protective coating solutions to the Industrial Power Generation and Oil and Gas industries.
This company focuses entirely on the Aerospace Industry to offer customers solutions to their supply chain issues. A focused strategy over the last 10 years has put the organisation in the enviable position of holding NADCAP certification in five disciplines, namely; Thermal Coating, NDT, Surface Enhancement (Shot Peening), Heat Treatment and Chemical Processing.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Review customer requirements both internal and external
* Ensure production methods are suitable to produce consistently correct to drawing parts
* Ensure production jigs and tooling are suitable to produce consistently correct to drawings parts
* Ensure the development of staff within the department
* Produce designs of tooling/equipment using 3D CAD for manufacturing processes
* Liaise with customers regarding production
* Produce production methodologies for other departments
* Support any engineering issues raised by other departments
* Analyse process requirements
* Recommend and implement improvements
Qualifications and Experience required
* Previous experience in a similar role is essential
* Previous experience in using CAD is essential
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is desirable
* Ability to learn new skills and understand company manufacturing processes
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Excellent time management, presentation and interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to read and work from detailed engineering drawings
* Annual eye-test
* Pension scheme
* Death in service
* Private Healthcare
* On-site parking
How to apply
*** Simple 2-step Application***
Depending on the Job Board where you have seen this vacancy, you may be asked to login or register with the Job Board first, however you will be redirected to the Jobooster careers page to complete your application.
Jobooster is a digital recruitment company. We'll always email you to let you know we've received your application however if you are short-listed you will be contacted by the company direct.
Advertise your business here!