Our client has an opportunity available for an experienced Service & Installation Engineer (locally-based) to join the team based in their head offices in Bridgwater, Somerset. A competitive salary dependent on experience is being offered, plus overtime, pension, mobile phone & company vehicle.
The company was established in 2004 and has been expanding rapidly ever since. They have a very diverse but niche range of products, and are regarded as one of the leading suppliers and manufacturers of Fume Cabinets and Clean Air solutions, not only in the UK, but increasingly more further afield in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australasia. Specialising in Carbon and HEPA Filtration products, they employ over 60 people and boast a multi-million-pound turnover.
About the role:
Due to recent growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Service & Installation Engineer to join them. Based in the UK and working nationwide, the successful candidate will assist in the delivery, installation, support and on-going maintenance of their full range of products.
This is a very demanding but rewarding role and will suit people with an abundance of drive and enthusiasm. Long hours, early starts and late finishes are common place, and engineers regularly stay away from home for several nights in a row.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Service & Installation Engineer:
- Drive nationwide, and through parts of Europe, to represent the company face to face with Customers in a professional, well-presented and courteous manner
- Deliver & install a wide range of laboratory equipment and clean areas into Customer premises nationwide
- Assist in the delivery, set-up & installation, commissioning, support and on-going maintenance or repair of their full range of products
- Deal with Customer enquiries and complaints, and report objectively on Customer satisfaction as and when required
- Undergo ongoing product and application training
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies issued by the Company
- Undertake any other duties from time to time as they may reasonably require
What they are looking for in their Service & Installation Engineer:
- Service & installation experience in their field of work will be a distinct advantage, but not essential
- Logical problem-solving skills, and a practical ‘adapt and overcome’ attitude
- 17th / 18th Edition (apprenticeship qualified) would be desirable, however competency in electrical skills will be a distinct advantage
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, organisational and listening skills
- Ability to work flexibly and re-prioritise when required to meet a continuously-changing delivery schedule
- Personable nature, with the ability to communicate clearly with staff and Customers at all levels
- CSCS Card essential, IPAF qualified for Cherry Picker and Boom Lift desirable
- Ability to maintain individual skills, keeping up-to-date with latest production and servicing concepts
Closing Date: Friday 20th September 2019, strictly 5.00pm.
If you think that you have the skills and experience to become their Service & Installation Engineer, click ‘apply’ today to submit your CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations. They’d love to hear from you!
They are an Equal Opportunities employer, and welcome applications from all who meet their selection criteria. Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person who does not have ‘entitlement and eligibility’ to work in the UK, so please ensure you have this permission before applying.
By applying for this role, you agree to them sharing your data with those responsible for recruitment & training, purely for the purpose of this recruitment campaign.
Applicants who demonstrate competency in the key selection criteria and most closely match their requirements will be short-listed for a brief telephone Interview soon after the closing date. If you are successful at this first stage, you will be invited to a more formal Interview at their Bridgwater Head Office.
Applications will be accepted by post, e-mail or in person to their reception area. All applications received by the closing date will be acknowledged. They cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or e-mail system.
No Agencies please.
Advertise your business here! Contact