CLEANER / MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE with Driving License
TEMPORARY - IMMEDIATE START
To deliver excellent cleaning and caretaking standards, ensuring a good and safe environment for residents
To support the provision of a housing management service that is responsive and customer orientated, that aims to enhance the quality of life for residents and that encourages and supports resident involvement in the development and monitoring of services.
To assist in the implementation and monitoring of strategies and policies relating to equality and diversity. To achieve agreed performance targets and standard
To work as part of a team to ensure that the estates are maintained to agreed standards.
To act as focal point for information, enquiries and complaints, seeking to report or resolve issues swiftly to the satisfaction of residents.
· To act as a point of contact between Redbridge Housing Services and residents, dealing with any queries/complaints.
· To carry out the cleaning of internal and external communal areas of housing sites by approved methods ensuring that all areas are maintained to a high standard.
· To adhere to agreed work schedules/targets and to prioritise tasks.
· To drive a council vehicle when required in order to transport staff, tools, equipment for the purpose of providing services to residents and any other council business.
· To clear bulk waste, fly tipped waste etc.
· To maintain refuse chutes/areas to required standards
· Maintenance of communal lighting, replace bulbs/tubes as necessary and report defects.
· To ensure that all tasks are completed with regard to Health and Safety requirements and safe working practices.
· To adhere to COSHH regulations and wear personal protective equipment at all times (provided).
· To carry out graffiti removal.
· To provide cover arrangements for colleagues.
· To report health, safety and security issues.
· To provide written reports as and when needed
· To liaise with contractors to enable works to be carried out on estates
· To monitor and record the performance, according to agreed procedures, of Grounds Maintenance, Refuse Collection, Window Cleaning, communal repairs and Contract Cleaning and to liaise with relevant colleagues.
· Where and when necessary use specialist equipment to deep clean and sanitise communal areas, refuse sheds/areas, bin store and other heavily soiled areas.
· To respond to emergencies and unforeseen incidents and to cooperate with other services to resolve such issues.
· To liaise with residents in working towards service improvements.
· To Safe guard the security and safety of the Housing stock with a view to maintain safety and avoid risk to residents, staff and public
· To undertake training as and when required to ensure that skills and knowledge meet requirements
· To respond to urgent call outs as and when required, with a view to minimising risk to residents or public, damage to stock and assisting or advising residents.
· To deliver and collate Satisfaction Slips, assist in the delivery of any correspondence, as and when required and to keep communal Notice Boards up to date, clean and tidy.
· To report on A.S.B. incidents such as graffiti and vandalism and notify TSO of any suspected abandoned or sublet properties.
· To carry out maintenance work on communal areas, within agreed guidelines and capabilities
· To wear provided uniform and carry ID at all times.
· To perform any other reasonable duty appropriate to the post, including undertaking project work as determined by an appropriate senior officer.
Advertise your business here! Contact