Looking to advertise a job opening?
Create an Account
Geotechnical Design Engineer
Rope Access Job in Birmingham
Date posted: Oct 15, 2020
Geotechnical Design Engineer
Hydrock is an independently owned multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of circa 500 staff, operating out of 16 offices in the UK. We are one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of wellbeing (note our recent Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). We believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Feedback from our client listening programme and employee surveys indicates we are great to work with, whether providing our services to a client or rewarding employment to an employee!
Position: Geotechnical Design Engineer (Engineer, Senior or Principal grade)
Job type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £Competitive salary and excellent benefits package (employer pension contribution, car allowance, private medical cover, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office).
About the role:
Our national Geo Division are having a strong year and it’s time to recruit further competent geotechnical designer into the team.
Geotechnics is one of our core disciplines at Hydrock. It is where we came from (both the CEO and MD have a ‘Geo background’) and it accounts for around 30% of our business today. Despite the current market conditions, the division has remained very busy throughout the year and with a growing order book, it’s time to invest in an additional geotechnical colleague. Where you sit in the country is not too important but you must be a talented designer and you’ll probably be stimulated by working on complex projects like SEGRO Logistics Park East Midlands Gateway (SLPEMG), a 700-acre development with planning consent for up to 6 million sq ft of logistics accommodation. It is a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP). You’ll be working on similar schemes when you join us.
What skills and attributes are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of geotechnical design experience including writing GDR and EWS (to CD622 and EC7)
- A strong ground modeller, with working knowledge of GEO5 and VDisp
- Experienced and capable at scoping and delivering geotechnical ground investigations for a variety of purposes.
- Experienced in writing interpretive geotechnical reports.
- Experience in the specification and design of geotechnical structures (foundations, earthworks, ground improvement, slopes, embankments, cuttings, gravity structures, nails, anchors, imbedded walls etc).
- An experienced Geotechnical Engineer, Senior or Principal with substantial consultancy experience gained in the UK.
- BEng, BSc or higher qualification in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering and Chartered Member of a relevant institution
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
- Integrity and credibility. People want to work with you (customers and colleagues).
- Believes in our ethos
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
You may have experience of the following: Junior Geotechnical Engineer, Engineering Geologist, Junior Engineering Geologist, Assistant Geotechnical Engineer, Assistant Engineering Geologist, Junior Civil Engineer, Assistant Civil Engineer, Geologist, Geology Graduate, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
Advertise your business here!